Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s)
Where do I do my course?
Tuition for the SAHITA building and home inspectors course is entirely online. The course consists of 30 modules, which you study online at your own pace and given the time you have available. You need to complete and pass, with a minimum 80%, an online open book comprehension test after each module. There are also two assignments that are required.
Is there a payment plan?
The fees for the SAHITA training are R22,500 – payable either as a single discounted payment upfront of R20,999, or three payments of R7,500. One payment of R7,500 for the 1st 10 modules (Semester One) and two payments of R7,500 for the remaining 20 modules (Semesters Two and Three).
SAHITA offers a generous discount of R2,000 per semester for all students who have applied for NABISA (National Association of Building Inspectors of South Africa) membership.
All previous SAHITA graduates qualify for full access for the course at a low fee of R995.
Register and place your order online. You can pay by either bank transfer (EFT) or by using a South African Visa or Mastercard. As soon as you pay you can start your studies.
What support do I get?
Although your tuition is based online there is support available through our number 083 310 9766 or you can email a friendly tutor at [email protected]
How long will it take me to do the course?
Although it is feasible to complete one module a day, because of the huge amount of information contained in these modules, you will get more out of the SAHITA course if you progress through the modules a little slower. Of course, this also depends on your personal background and how much building information the student already has. The fastest that any student has completed the course is 8 weeks; the average is about 8 months; we require that students try and complete the course within one year.
The final two modules consist of two practical assignments which must be submitted to SAHITA by email – one is a business plan for a home inspection business and the other is an actual inspection report – on a house of the student’s choosing.
Why should I choose SAHITA?
- The South African building inspection industry is headed for massive growth.
- SAHITA is the only fully South African training programme for local building and home inspectors
- The new course (released late 2019) is fundamentally different from the old course . It has been updated, expanded and restructured to align with the new QCTO-approved Building Inspector qualification curriculum (Building Inspector Classes I and II). Every module of the new course will be new ground for existing and old SAHITA students.
HOW will I benefit?
- The new Building Inspector qualification will trigger huge opportunities for qualified inspectors within the South African building inspection industry.
- SAHITA is a key stakeholder in shaping this qualification and the curriculum has already been approved by QCTO (Quality Council for Trades and Occupations).
- SAHITA is committed to assist existing graduates in attaining accreditation and to this end has negotiated a recognition path with SACAP during the so called “sunset period”.
WHAT makes SAHITA different?
- Offers unique South African focused building inspector course material – National Building Regulations, in-depth knowledge of South African building methods, components and local conditions. Compliance with local approved standards.
- This new course is based on the approved QCTO curriculum.
Who do I contact for clarification?
John Graham – Principal SAHITA
Learning Programme for Building / Home Inspectors
083 3109 766